Solomon-Aram Family Blog

This blog is about my experiences as a parent. It is not for the weak of stomach :-).

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Four

Four is a tricky number, at least for K. If you show her one object, let's say an apple, she will tell you there is one apple. If you show her two apples, she will tell you that you are holding two apples. Three is also the same. Then something happens at four. She will laugh and turn away. She can't tell you there are four apples.
I have to negotiate a lot with K. I have to negotiate everything from what she wears to what she eats to when we brush her teeth. We, of course, also negotiate over how many books I will read her before bed. If I say I am willing to read her three books, she will hold up four fingers and tell me she wants this many books. She knows she is asking for one more than three but can't say it. Weird, no?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:51 AM, Blogger eileen said…

    Hi,
    I've never blogged before so excuse me if I do something wrong. My mother-in-law Goldie sent me your blog to read. I haven't had a chance to read it all, but loved those pictures. The kids are as precious as Joel described. Oh, I'm Eileen, Joel's wife. He loved visiting w/you, husband and kids.
    When Kevin was 4, I picked him up from pre-school (I was taking classes on campus and he loved going to their pre-school while I was taking classes. Anyway, one day I got there to discover a bag of ice on his arm, w/a child holding it there and talking quietly to him. I found out that for no reason (Kevin was a very quiet, shy kid), this other little boy ran over to him and bit him on the arm. Quite the bite! Instead of yelling at the biter and taking him away, they made him responsible for his actions. He had to watch Kevin screaming and crying and find out what to do to help. He had to go to the kitchen and ask for a bag of ice and help soothe Kevin's feelings w/apologies and concern. Kevin was fine afterwards and there were no more incidents of that nature after that. Just thought I'd share that.
    I also read about counting "4". By coincidence I'm working on a product that would address that problem. It's being tested on the 18th of this month. I'll sure send you one if it works. In the meantime, there is a cute "dinosaur counting game" on the web site I produce. It's called "numbers fun". You can find it on the "GAMES" link, at
    www.shnoozles.com
    Lots of songs, coloring pages, easy recipes, jokes and more for the little ones. Just a back-to-basics simple kids site. The only thing I've allowed was a Warner Bros. game. They're trying to promote their new cartoon, "Ant Bully" and asked if I would put it on my site. I thought the kids might like it. It's real easy. Like a "Where's Waldo" game.
    Oops, got to go. This was fun. Got to get one of my own blogs. How do you do that.
    Take care...love and hugs to the girls,,,,eileen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home