Clothes
When I dress my girls, I have a couple of goals in mind:
1. That their clothes match
2. That they look clean
3. That they look cool
Sometimes I skip number three if I don't have enough creative energy or we are just going to the park. Number two can be especially challenging considering the fact that almost all their clothes are stained. Did you know banana never, ever comes out? Number one, though, I am pretty good at maintaining even when I have to change K's pants for the third time because of peepee.
It doesn't happen too often that O has to dress the girls without me having picked out the clothes. He views this situation as too much responsibility. He isn't even sure which clothes are K's and which are R's. This weekend, for various reasons, O dressed the girls twice. His goals in getting the girls dressed are slightly different than mine:
1. That their bodies are covered
Matching, cleanliness, looking cool aren't on the list. He goes for the single color scheme. K was dressed from head to toe in bordeau (socks included). R was dressed from head to toe in dark blue except for her feet which were in purple but that was only because he hadn't thought to take off her pajamas before getting her dressed. Later, he had to change R's clothes after she knocked over the dog's water bowl and got all wet. She went from dark blue to red (the pajamas also got wet). But soon, he had to change her pants again. There weren't anymore red pants so he chose the next closest color, dark pink. My girls were looking pretty stylish. Let's just say there aren't pictures from this weekend.
1. That their clothes match
2. That they look clean
3. That they look cool
Sometimes I skip number three if I don't have enough creative energy or we are just going to the park. Number two can be especially challenging considering the fact that almost all their clothes are stained. Did you know banana never, ever comes out? Number one, though, I am pretty good at maintaining even when I have to change K's pants for the third time because of peepee.
It doesn't happen too often that O has to dress the girls without me having picked out the clothes. He views this situation as too much responsibility. He isn't even sure which clothes are K's and which are R's. This weekend, for various reasons, O dressed the girls twice. His goals in getting the girls dressed are slightly different than mine:
1. That their bodies are covered
Matching, cleanliness, looking cool aren't on the list. He goes for the single color scheme. K was dressed from head to toe in bordeau (socks included). R was dressed from head to toe in dark blue except for her feet which were in purple but that was only because he hadn't thought to take off her pajamas before getting her dressed. Later, he had to change R's clothes after she knocked over the dog's water bowl and got all wet. She went from dark blue to red (the pajamas also got wet). But soon, he had to change her pants again. There weren't anymore red pants so he chose the next closest color, dark pink. My girls were looking pretty stylish. Let's just say there aren't pictures from this weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home