Two and a Half Hours
Two and a half hours. Two and a half hours. That is how long I slept yesterday morning. Let me repeat two and a half hours. For those of you without small children, to nap for two and a half hours can change your life (or at least a day).
I was supposed to go to a workout class for moms and babies. I arranged for a babysitter to come take care of K. Only, R woke up too early and I was exhausted. My head felt like cotton and my body ached to get back into bed. But, I have to exercise because my stomache also feels like cotton, only not from being tired. So I got ready to go. I ate breakfast. I packed a bag. I got the girls dressed. The babysitter came. And R was crying. She was ready for her nap and so was I. I knew it wasn't going to work. How was I going to exercise with a head full of cotton and a tired 8 month old. My bed was calling us, warm and soft. I left the instructor a message on her cell phone that we weren't coming. I got back into bed and we slept. I dreamt of exercising - sit-ups, push-ups and those weird pilates rolls. Two and a half hours, I slept. When I woke up, I noticed there were birds chirping. The sky was this lovely color of blue. Our mutt even looked cute as he chased the neighbor's cat. I felt like Dorothy going from a black-and-white Kansas to a colorful Oz.
If you dream about exercising does it count for something?
I was supposed to go to a workout class for moms and babies. I arranged for a babysitter to come take care of K. Only, R woke up too early and I was exhausted. My head felt like cotton and my body ached to get back into bed. But, I have to exercise because my stomache also feels like cotton, only not from being tired. So I got ready to go. I ate breakfast. I packed a bag. I got the girls dressed. The babysitter came. And R was crying. She was ready for her nap and so was I. I knew it wasn't going to work. How was I going to exercise with a head full of cotton and a tired 8 month old. My bed was calling us, warm and soft. I left the instructor a message on her cell phone that we weren't coming. I got back into bed and we slept. I dreamt of exercising - sit-ups, push-ups and those weird pilates rolls. Two and a half hours, I slept. When I woke up, I noticed there were birds chirping. The sky was this lovely color of blue. Our mutt even looked cute as he chased the neighbor's cat. I felt like Dorothy going from a black-and-white Kansas to a colorful Oz.
If you dream about exercising does it count for something?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home