Solomon-Aram Family Blog

This blog is about my experiences as a parent. It is not for the weak of stomach :-).

Monday, February 06, 2006

Royalty


I must have royal lineage. Princesses can feel unidentified objects in their beds that are at least as big as a pea; I can feel round objects as small as grains of sands. I must be a princess, otherwise I have no explanation for the fact that I can feel every single grain of sand in my bed. There isn't a lot of sand in our bed considering the amount on our floors which I sweep every day. Still, the random grains lying on our sheets are annoying me, really annoying me. When we decided to try a "family bed", all of us sleeping together, no one mentioned the sand side-effect. I was willing to sacrifice privacy for the closeness of co-sleeping. No one informed me that along with children sleeping in my bed, there would also be pieces of food, sand, dried leaves and hair clips. The problem comes from their naps. A lot of times, R or K fall asleep in the car on the way back from the park - they have mud and sand stuck to their clothes along with pieces of the rice cakes and pears. I put them to bed and what was stuck to their clothes somehow unsticks itself, falls off on their mattresses and migrates onto mine. Hence, sand in my bed. At least I can comfort myself in knowing that, while not getting a good night's sleep, I am a true princess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home